A few thoughts I’ve had while washing my face, which by the way I’ve been totally doing every night, except that night I forgot, but I didn’t so much as forget as I passed out before I could make it to the bathroom (even though the bathroom is on my WAY to my bed), but to my credit I had been drinking the bottle of wine I got for $4.50 at the W@l-Marts (which, incidentally, didn’t give me a hangover. No hangover, AND cost effective? This is an adult beverage I can get behind!).
File all that under things that no one cares about, except my mother and the makers of Desiten (because you’re supposed to put Desiten on a zit to make it go away, but I haven’t had any zits to put it ON because I’ve been washing my face every night. And morning! And I’ve been moisturizing! And using wrinkle cream!)
Hi, I like commas and parenthesis. The end.
1. In this day and age, why haven’t they come up with something that turns thoughts into written text? My mind goes so fast (See: above ramblings about diaper cream and cheap wine), that I don’t write it all down, and I typically don’t even shower most days so the odds of me learning shorthand are pretty slim. I mean, just imagine with Jenny The Bloggess could do with such technology! Although I supposed what she writes is not far off from what she thinks. There are some people who write a blog post in Microsoft Word, then edit it a few times, then post it, and there are some who type until their fingers get tired, then hit publish. My money’s on the fact that Jenny is of the latter persuasion.
2. I have done nothing of consequence in the last 3 days. Nothing. The highlights of my days are naptime (so I can clean up everything in the house so it’s nice and orderly when Claire wakes up. So, you know, she cal pull it all out again), and 4 pm when Gilmore Girls comes on (not that I ever get to WATCH Gilmore Girls. No, it’s Nemo Nemo Nemo all the time in this house hold. Finding Nemo? Try FUCK Nemo). This is my life and it bores me to tears.
3. This is a picture of a wall hanging that was so kindly left by our landlord. In our bedroom. If you can’t tell by the (upside down) picture, it’s carpet. And very disturbing. Even more disturbing? The fact that not one, but TWO people have asked if they can have it. And yet it’s still in our bedroom, just glaring at me while I sleep, with all it’s carpet-ness.
4. Small lines + my handwriting = This. Horrible penmanship.
5. While watching Condi Rice play the piano for the Queen a few weeks ago on the local news:
JR: This is horrible news.
Me: What?! Is she getting out of the political game to play the piano professionally? That IS bad news! If she’s getting out, who else is leaving? What is Obama going to do? Is the world SO BAD? And why become a pianist? Why not go into the private sector? It must be worse than we thought! Oh NO!
JR: No, I mean channel 2 is bad local news. The good news comes on at 10.
6. Why do I get so motivated in the middle of the night? It’s almost midnight and I know if I don’t go to bed now, I’ll need more coffee than I currently own, but all I can think is of all the things I could be doing. I could clean the kitchen – Claire’s asleep and JR’s in the garage and I could totally get it done. I should watch Dirty Sexy Money and Grey’s Anatomy and Gilmore Girls. How will I sleep until I know what crazy hijinks those interns at Seattle Grace got into this week? Blog. I really should be blogging and I need to start leaving more comments on the blogs I read everyday. I could be missing out on meeting my new Internet BFF because I’m not commenting. I think I’ll just go watch Conan.
7. I went grocery shopping and among other things I bought a ten pound log? tube? of ground beef. I’ve never seen ten pounds of beef in one place before, and Claire LOVED it. Damn thing was bigger than her.
This has been “Cori’s Deep Thoughts.” I’m totally rethinking my idea to leave a notebook by my bed.