When I’m at work, there are so many things I’d like to do at home. I want to clean the kitchen (seriously? Something’s wrong with me); I want to sell the china hutch in our guest bedroom and turn that whole room into an office, which means I have to install shelves…and organize file cabinets…and buy boxes. *drool* .
I want to upload all my pictures from my camera, edit them, print them and frame them.
When I’m home, though, I don’t DO any of that. I spent the whole weekend just…not doing any of that. Ok, I did laundry. But, that’s it.
Anyway, my point is, there are a lot of things I should be doing, that I’m not.
[Side note: I just spent at least 30 minutes looking at desks and file cabinets on Ikea and Craigslist. It’s a sickness, this.]
I saw on another blog that I read, 50 things about me. When I was in college, I tried to write 100 things about myself. I couldn’t do it. I’m just not that interesting, I guess.
But, now that I have a few more years under my belt, I’m going to try 50. This might be a work in progress…
- I’m a Gemini
- I’m married, also to a Gemini
- I have a 1 year old daughter, who’s also a Gemini
- It gets a little crazy at home sometimes.
- I stayed home with my daughter for 9 months before I went back to work
- I went back because my husband thought we needed more money.
- Two weeks after I started working, my husband got laid off.
- I have two dogs, a Jack Russell terrier mix that has Napoleon Complex, and is the total Alpha and a Pit Bull/ Boxer mix that’s dominant. It’s pretty funny to see the Pit sitting quietly by while the little dog eats.
- I used to have 2 cats, and loved them, but my husband is allergic. I like cats
- I have a 22 year old little brother. I’m still surprised when he ties his shoes by himself. My husband says that I baby him, but I don’t think I do. I mean, I let him tie his shoes by himself now.
- Three places I’ve worked: Schlitterbahn (The Hottest Coolest Time in Texas), TCBY, Starbucks
- Three jobs I did at Schlitterbahn: Lifeguard, Cashier, Bartender. I bet you didn’t know Schlitterbahn had a bar. It does. 5, in fact.
- I went to Europe for 6 weeks while I was in college, to “study.”
- Three nationalities of boys I made out with while in Europe: British, Italian, Australian. The last one was the best.
- I work in the wedding industry.
- I can roll my tongue so it looks like a taco.
- I make killer tacos.
- I have blue eyes, but when I get mad, they turn green. My husband calls it the indicator light that tells him when he needs to stop being an ass. Ok, he doesn’t call it that, but he should.
- My parents got divorced when I was 21.
- My dad remarried a year later to a woman he worked with who I grew up with.
- His second wife died 6 months after that to colon and kidney cancer.
- My mom’s dating a guy who used to play for the Red Sox (Socks?)
- My birthday is May 23rd, and I always thought I had the prettiest sounding (and looking) birthday of all my friends.
- I played the French horn for 6 years in middle and high school.
- I’m pretty sure I couldn’t play it anymore.
- My brother-in-law won a Tony.
- My husband was accepted to Juilliard, twice, but didn’t go.
- Wait, those weren’t about me. Um. I was accepted to the University of Texas, but went to Texas State instead because they have a better colorguard program.
- I poop at work. There, I said it. I feel a lot better now.
- I’m addicted to my Blackberry. I use it a lot. For Nesting, Twittering, and checking my email.
- I’m also addicted to iGoogle. I use it for reading blogs, mostly.
- I’m worried that Claire doesn’t “talk” yet. She jabbers, but hasn’t said a word. She’s a year old.
- Both my shoulders pop. It grosses people out.
- I can pick up just about anything with my toes. It grosses my husband out, but it comes in handy when I’m holding Claire and she drop something.
- I doodle hearts.
- I really want a tattoo. I’ve wanted one since before I was pregnant. But, I’m scared of the pain.
- Sometimes I feel like I take the easy way out of things. I never labored on my own when I was pregnant with Claire. I was induced. I never had any contractions before I was in the hospital. I hope that I can go further without the epidural next time.
- One of the things that I want when we move into our own house is a library. We’ve got a starter one now, but oh! To have a whole room dedicated to books.
- I start a lot of projects, but never finish them. I have hundreds of photos uploaded, ready to be edited and posted, but I hardly open Photoshop anymore. I used to go to the gym almost every day, now I can only be bothered to go twice a week, for yoga. It’s pretty bad.
- When I start doing something, I get obsessed with it. When I first got my camera, I played with it all day long. When I read house decorating blogs, I read them all day.
- I am obsessed with other people’s blogs, but I have a hard time writing in mine. I just don’t think I’m that interesting.
- For a very long time I didn’t think I liked Fish Tacos. Then I actually ate one. Now I love them.
- I also love peaches, strawberry gelato and cheese.
- I only drink water when we go out to eat.
- When I was in high school, my friends and I used to eat limes and salt. Rind and all.
- I really like going to movies by myself.
- I wish we lived in a bigger city.
- I want another kid. I can’t believe I just said that.
- I drink coffee every morning (these are getting bad)
- I had a really hard time with that!
Whew! That was hard! You try it…